Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday Stuff

It's a mish-mash sort of day as I plough through edits to Road of Skulls. The edits are moving as slowly and as steadily as I can get away with; I'm of a mind to make every book better (for a given value of better) than the one before it, time permitting, and slow and steady is the way to go about it, in my opinion. Too, it's not so much about word-count anymore, which is a relief.

Thus, bits of news rather than any 'for reals' content today; first up, my story "The Artist as Wolf", previously published in the Pill Hill Press anthology, Leather, Denim & Silver, will be getting reprinted sometime next year by the magazine Monomyth.  Which is a nice thing, obviously.

Over at IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME, I reviewed the first issue of Bob Freeman's Occult Detective Illustrated. Reader's Digest version: it's pretty good, actually.

My foray into the pulp-tastic world of the Executioner is up for pre-order on Amazon, should you be into the men's adventure thing.

Over at his site, Derrick Ferguson has posted an excerpt from his half of our forthcoming collaborative novel, The Vril Agenda. 

Oh, and fellow BL-author Sarah Cawkwell is holding a contest, set to close tomorrow. Why not check that out, hmm?

I think that's enough for today, don't you?

1 comment:

Allen said...

Hello Josh. I'm excited to read your take on my favorite duo Gotrek and Felix and will be purchasing both books immediately upon release. Though I admit I'm a bit nervous as the characters changed significantly during the last writer hand off from King to Long. Eventually everythin. g smoothed out, though, and prooved enjoyable reads.